Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can't debug; CS3 / Visual Studio 2005

This is with Visual Studio 2005 and Photoshop CS3.



I have built the 'outbound' sample, put in the PS's plug-in folder and it is loaded properly.



I tried the following:

- run photoshop from the debugger and the breakpoint on main is not triggered (VS says that no symbols are loaded).



- run photoshop and attach to the process and the same thing happens



what are the steps I need to accomplish? I fail to see how Visual Studio would even know this plug-in is running and would attach the symbols to the code I have loaded, so I must have totally missed a step.
Can't debug; CS3 / Visual Studio 2005
As you write, you build plugin, copy it to plugins folder, start Photoshop, set breakpoint, attach debugger, activate plugin and code execution should stop at your breakpoint.
Can't debug; CS3 / Visual Studio 2005
that is what I was doing, but I found the problem:



the debugger could not find the pdb file, now this is working!



(however I find the SDK's doc a total joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment