Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Storing generic byte stream to Registry

I see that I can store integers, text strings, etc. to the Photoshop registry.

I need to store a large (sometimes multi-MB) stream of data to the registry.

Can this be done?



I won't know the size of the data stream until after the filter is applied (the user interacts with a dialog box that will determine how much data is generated).



Is there a registry command for storing large (variable-sized) sets of data?



Thanks.



Matt Rhodes

Zaxwerks, Inc.
Storing generic byte stream to Registry
I would recommend writing a file and storing its location to the

registry. If you take something designed to store a few KB of

information and pump megabytes into it, performance isn't the only

thing likely to suffer.



Aandi Inston

No comments:

Post a Comment