Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Trying to figure out bug I can't...

I've release a freeware plug-in but one person is seeing an error message in Photoshop CS2 (Windows XP, 3GB RAM) and therefore can't use the plugin.

''Could not complete the White Balance / Highlight Recovery v.1.0.2 command because of a program error.''

http://www.pbase.com/image/101560453/large.jpg



The user can run other 3rd party plugins. I have a CS2 / WinXP /512MB RAM machine and can't reproduce it.


White balance plugin download page



I tried making a version that would report the specific *gResult (int16 result) error code but it seems that the plugin doesn't even get that far.



Any ideas would be appreciated!
Trying to figure out bug I can't...
Why don't you go one small step further than freeware: open source the code and then we can all take a look at the problem.



If you need a public repository for it, you're welcome to join my plugins at https://www.telegraphics.com.au/fisheye (of course as open source you retain your copyright no matter where the code is served).
Trying to figure out bug I can't...
Hi Toby,



Thanks for the reply and I appreciate you suggesting that I turn the plugin open source. I have been digesting the idea (and am still digesting it)... are there any commercial benefits for doing so? Would other people even be interested in taking that open source code? (Though such code might be useful for those wanting to create their first plug-in as the SDK examples aren't intended to have bells and whistles like a bigger preview you can drag around and zoom.) I've not figured out any commercial benefit.



2- As far as my problem goes, it seems that changing my compiler settings (Visual c++) to something ''normal'' did the trick. I don't know which settings did the trick though.

Figured it out: I enabled SSE2 instructions, which won't work on older processors.

No comments:

Post a Comment