Tuesday, December 6, 2011

PSD per-layer metadata

I would like to add custom metadata fields to layers and layer sets within PSDs and I can't see if this is even possible. XMP metadata seems to apply to the file level only, and I can't find anything in the CS3 SDK or scripting references related to what I'd like to do.



Does anyone have any pointers?



Thanks, Ian
PSD per-layer metadata
%26gt; Does anyone have any pointers?



Patience...



This functionality does not exist in CS3, but you could always co-opt an

existing metadata field to map metadata to layers. This would require that the

layer names be unique so that the information would persist, but it is possible.



-X

--

for photoshop scripting solutions of all sorts

contact: xbytor@gmail.com
PSD per-layer metadata
Thanks xbytor, that's certainly an approach to consider. One piece necessary for that to succeed for me would be that my plugin is notified when layers or layer sets are modified in certain ways, for example if a layer has metadata in the parallel data structure and the layer is copied, I need to copy the metadata in real-time too. I haven't investigated much, but it seems like the Listener example plugin is going to help me out here.
  • help blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment