Tuesday, December 6, 2011

(re-post) plugins on Vista - any...

I asked about this a while back but received no replies:



With the arrival of the WOW that is Vista, has anyone noticed new support issues? From my own suite of (open source) plugins, I receive zero support contacts from MacOS or XP users, but as soon as Vista arrived I began to hear about two problems:

* ''plugin entry point could not be found'' (apparently helped by restarting Windows and reinstalling the plugin)

* a higher incidence of out of RAM errors.



Has anyone else seen these issues? Are there any workarounds? Is anyone doing special Vista builds of their DLLs? If so, what's different?



I hope that ''commercial secrecy'' doesn't prevent a discussion of this issue.
(re-post) plugins on Vista - any...
The main thing I'm seeing is installation issues, new problems in two

areas.



1) registry entries not being written - this affects some systems, and not

others. The user is able to fix this by running a .reg file that I send

them.

2) In some cases, the installer is unable to copy to Photoshop's plugin

folder. This seems to affect some systems all the time, others not at all.

The user is able to fix this by manually copying.
(re-post) plugins on Vista - any...
Sounds like the hand of UAC.



Aandi Inston

I don't use an installer, so I've never seen problem (2). I never write registry entries, either.

I was having problems with Toby's .ico plugin extension. I kept getting a ''entry point'' error every time I tried to use the extension. A re installation of the plugin and a restart of, my computer, fixed the issue it seems.



No idea whats causing it but apparently its Vista related only.

1 comment:

  1. The most downloaded module for WordPress (right around 30 million downloads). Utilize All in One SEO Pack to consequently improve your site for Search Engines
    Post Plugins

    ReplyDelete