Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Developing brushes

Hey, I'm new to the SDK and I'm wondering what is the best way to add additional brushes to Photoshop? Is there some skeleton code one can use that offers basic brush functionality? (resizing, opacity etc)

I read somewhere that this was not possible but surely it can not be so...Developing brushes
Hi, I'm brand new to the SDK so I can't answer your question, but I am looking for the same answer.
The FAQ says:

3.1.3 What can I not do with the Photoshop API?
No non-modal plug-ins.
No plug-in tools.
No plug-in floating windows.
No plug-in palettes.
No plug-in brushes.
No adding or changing menus.

- ?! Which seems to make the SDK COMPLETELY USELESS to me. All I want to do was create a custom brush tip out of a full-color image instead of just grayscale so that it can take advantage of the brush settings like scatter, and angle jitter, and pressure sensitivity.

I'll post if I find anything.Developing brushes
Yes I agree, I think Photoshop is sub-par in this respect. I write a lot of tools for other art packages (3DS Max, Maya) and they have completely customisable UIs, so I can't see why Photoshop's SDK limits the creation of non-modal windows for your own tools.
  • help blackheads
  • lock file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment